If you love potatoes and you like to smash things this recipe is for you.
This recipe has only 5 ingredients and is an amazing side dish. Plus it’s therapeutic to take all of your frustrations out on the potatoes. All you need is your favorite flat kitchen tool to smack. I usually use a fish spatula, but you can use basically anything. Honestly, even though it’s not flat the underside of a ladle works.
So have fun and you can thank me later.
- 10 small yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maldon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Line a sheet pan with parchment
- Throw the whole potatoes on there
- Use a lil knife to poke some holes into each potato
- Toss in half of the olive oil and all the salt and pepper
- Bake until they’re fork tender, about 40 minutes
- Smash those potatoes with a flat object
- Once they’re sufficiently put in their place drizzle with the rest of the olive oil
- Toss rosemary onto the baking dish
- Cook until the edges begin to look crispy, another 15 minutes or so
- Finish with a little more salt, and perhaps some red pepper flakes