This is a real easy recipe, basically the only technique here is to remove excess liquid from the cucumbers so that the yogurt remains creamy and thick. To get the excess liquid out of the cucumber put the cuc bits in a colander and sprinkle with a little salt. Let the salt pull out the water from the cucumber for a few minutes and then ring em out between paper towels like a true animal.
It's best coooollllldddd. Serve with some carrots, cucumber & radish. Or with pita bread. Or as a side for chicken.
- 1 tub full fat greek yogurt (I am basic, so i like Fage)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- A few sprigs of mint (chopped)
- Lots of dill (chopped)
- A few sprigs of parsley (chopped)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 persian cucumber (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and stir
- Add more salt, pepper or lemon to taste