This salad is filling/healthy/crunchy/herby. And it will prevent you from forking out $18 when you're jonesing for a salad at your desk.
It’s also supposed to be a make-your-life-easy kind of salad so don’t stress if you’re missing an exact ingredient. Start with lettuce and a rotisserie chicken, because you need those for sure.
If you don’t have mint and dill you can use whatever herbs you have in your fridge, cilantro, basil, etc. If you don’t have almonds use whatever nut you have in your pantry, walnuts, pistachios or pine nuts work well.
- 1 head of romaine (chopped)
- A handful of mint and dill
- ½ red cabbage (chopped)
- 4 radishes (sliced)
- ¼ cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (meat removed from bone and cut into bite sized pieces)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil, lemon juice and chopped garlic
- In a small container combine olive oil, lemon juice and garlic
- Toss dressing into salad right before eating