The worst thing about bagels is that you're only really supposed to have them for breakfast, so here's a way to get more cream cheese in your life. Because that's a thing we all really need... right? Ok, maybe not. But this is very delicious and sometimes I just feel like it. It's stupid easy and therefore ideal for serving as a snack when friends come over or for some sort of sporting event . . . like I don't know . . . The Super Bowl.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Everything But The Bagel Seasoning Blend (from Trader Joes) ***
- 2 scallions (sliced thinly)
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- crackers or cucumbers (or anything you would like to dip)
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until soft and smooth
- Top with some extra seasoning blend and scallions
- Serve with whatever you're feeling today (and yes, on a spoon is acceptable)
***If you don't have a Trader Joes handy the seasoning blend is sesame seeds, sea salt flakes, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion and poppy seeds.