I'm a huge fan of a michelada because it's an incredibly easy to prepare crowd pleasing drink. It's easily customizable and you really only need 1 glass to get the job done. Not to mention it's delicious, effervescent, slightly spicy, slightly acidic and it goes really well with fish tacos.
Shout out to my friend Mika who got me hooked me on this drink and has really nailed the perfect combination.
- 1 beer (Mexican lager if you've got it)
- Juice of 1 lime
- a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- a few dashes of soy sauce
- a few dashes of Tapatío
- Tajín (or a combination of chili peppers and sea salt)
- Drop a few splashes of the Tapatío on a plate and gently slide the rim of your glass through it
- Pour a small amount of Tajín into a bowl and dip the hot sauce rim of your glass into the mixture (if you don't want a salted rim you can just eliminate this part and move onto the drink)
- Pour the lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and Tapatío into your glass
- Depending on your preference you can put ice in the glass and pour the beer over it, or just pour the beer directly into the glass (I prefer the later because the ingredients mix really well, really quickly) and drink