They're great hot, they're good cold. They're sweet, salty, a little spicy and pair like a dream with a grilled skirt steak or a summer BBQed chicken. What more could you want?
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 juicy lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (or less if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Poke a few holes in each potato and roast in the oven until super soft, about an hour
- Set aside to cool and turn on your broiler
- Once cool enough to handle, tear each sweet potato into 5 or 6 chunks and put under the broiler until they begin to caramelize and get a little blackened in a few areas
- Pile them high on a plate and drizzle olive oil (or butter) over the potatoes, give 'em a big squeeze of lime, a generous sprinkling of chili powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. If you want cilantro, you can throw that on as well.