I love to serve a great crisp and simple green salad with a zingy dressing to balance the delicious unctuousness (my boyfriend's favorite word) of a dish like short ribs or beef bourguignon.
If you wanna chat about horseradish let me know, I always love to turn new people on to one of my favorite roots!
- 1/4 cup fresh horseradish, zested
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tangerine juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 pound baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients in lidded jar
- Shake well
- Taste to make sure you don’t want to add any more salt, sugar or acid
- Grab your favorite salad bowl
- Toss all salad ingredients together before serving (BORING) or slightly salt the arugula, dress the greens, sprinkle with a big pinch of salt and the parsley.